Monday, February 28, 2011

PPA #82

So the challenge this week was...get this...use scallops! The same thing as the PTI blog hop, but I didn't want to just use the same card, so I made a card that I got inspiration to do from the PTI blog hop. One of the participants had created her own scallops using the PTI Banner Builder set, and it looked so neat that I had to try it :) This, I must say, however, was a very time consuming card! I don't own the matching dies, so I had to cut out each banner, then glue them all on. I am pleased with the effect, though :) All colors of ink and paper, and the ribbon are from SU. The little baby closepins are from a local stamp store, the pearls are from A Muse, and the rhinestone, unsure. The die with the patterned paper is PTI, and the big baby stamp is from Heidi Swapp. I made this card for a friend that I just found out is 4 months pregnant. She is a stamping friend, so I know she'll appreciate the work in the card. Congratulations to her :) (not sharing her name because I'm not sure she's spilled the beans to everyone, yet).

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Love your baby card and your terrific use of those scallops! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PPA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you handcut the scallops! Perfect! I never would have thought to do that with the banner set, clever! It's so cute. She'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I loved the card you made!! What's even funnier is that we found out I'm having a girl! The card was perfect! I have it on my shelf and when I gather all my baby cards and shower cards, I will be binding them all into a book! I can't wait! Love the little clothes pins you used. I did share that I am having a baby so you are clear to share! :-) Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!