Friday, July 1, 2011

cQc #91 & Paper Players Challenge #53

*Edited to Add* This card was chosen as one of the winner's at this Week's Paper Players Challenge!!


To create a thank you card for my parents and their wonderful visit last week, I used this sketch:

And this color combination:

To create this awesome card!:

In this picture I'm trying to show that I used crystal effects on the strawberries to make them glossy, and I used an embossing folder on the basket to make it look real.

I really love how this card turned out :) I had been wanting this My Favorite Things "who's that Harvest girl?" stamp set forever, and while my parents were visiting my mom and I went to my local stamp store and they had one left! So I scooped it up and she said "Now I want a card with that stamp set!" so here it is :) The other stamps used on the strips are from the dollar bin at Michaels...its Studio g stamps. I thought they were sooo cute. I actually used all of the stamps in the set on the 3 strips and I think they look perfect with this MFT set. The cardstock is a mixture of SU and PTI. I used Copics to color and outline part of the girl, and paper pieced her outfit and basket. The embossing folder on the basket is one of the SU Sizzix folders. The punches are all SU. I think my parents are going to love this card! If you want to play along with the Paper Players challenge, click here. If you'd like to play along with this week's colorQ, click here.

10 comments:

  1. It is SO adorable! I love that stamp!!!! Reminds me of going to Parlee Farm with you! Yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun, Jessica! Love the berries!!! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely adorable. Those little silhouette stamps really make a great background, and your image stamp is perfect! Of course, you know you've done two of my most FAVORITE challenges, too! Thanks for playing both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Love the glossy strawberries and you rocked both challenges! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica, this is awesome! Love all the fun details in your stamped image...those glossy strawberries looks fabulous! Very pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card, Jessica! Love the berry basket! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week and happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great way to use the colours! I love what you did with the sketch too! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic, Jessica! I LOVE the texture you added to that basket, so clever! And I will have to look for those stamps at Michaels, they are adorable. Super job with these colors--so glad you could play along with the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Jessica! What a perfect card! I love the Crystal Effects on the strawberries and your paper piecing is the perfect touch! Adorable! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ... love the bold colours, Jessica! Congrats on your award for this one! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!