Tuesday, January 31, 2012

CPS 5th Anniversary Day 2 Sketch #166

Here is the card I made for day 2 at the CPS 5th Anniversary Celebration:


And here is the sketch that I used to create it:

Notice how the sentiment goes along with the curve of the circle? So I've never tried this technique before, but I will now be going back to it, it was super easy!

All you have to do is bend the stamp to the shape you want it and stick it on your block. (On the right you'll see the real straight sentiment on the bottom of this stamp set, and then on the left you'll see how I put it on my block to make the curve).

I've been going crazy with Twine lately since I won an awesome prize of TWO full spools of Divine Twine from Whiskar Graphics when I won a CPS challenge a few weeks back :)

This funky paper is from a K & Co pack. The cardstock is PTI, and I used my Nestabilities to cut the circles.

The apple and sentiment stamps are from the Paper Smooches Falling For You set. The apple didn't have any seeds, so I just added those in when I colored it with Copics. Make sure to head over to the CPS blog to check out the festivities yourself!

5 comments:

  1. You have been a busy girl today! Super fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, loving that apple! It is neat how you curved the words too. Nice use of the CPS sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card--adore all the happy colors! Great job with the apple--love that you added the seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great sketch! I love that colorful patterned paper, and how clever of you to curve the sentiment. I never think of that, but it is perfect for this card. Love the seeds you added, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bright and cheerful card! Just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!