Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hambo Hoedown #48

We haven't had a Hambo Hoedown challenge for a couple of weeks due to the holidays, but now we're back on track. This challenge was different...one I've never done before. We were given just a sentiment to use (you can find it here) and asked to use two different sizes of circles on our card. With the sentiment, I knew I'd make my circles balloons. So here's what I created:

The circles were cut with two different sized SU punches from SU cardstock. The two scallops are stickers that came with an SU paper pack. The striped paper also came in the pack.

The mini library clip is from SU, too.

You wouldn't think it would be hard to work with just a sentiment, but this card has NO stamping on it! Totally unusual for me. Why don't you give it a shot yourself? Head on over to the Hoedown, here, and you could be eligible for a free digi next week :)

4 comments:

  1. I wanted to use balloons on my card too, but I couldn't make it work for me! LOVE what you did with the string and separating the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, it's so bright and colorful and I love the balloons that you made! That sentiment is funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute jessica! Love the bright balloons with the bright striped paper in the background. Cute with the string attached too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so good- I can see why it would be so hard but good job!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!