Sunday, April 1, 2012

Market Street Stamps March Block Party

Every month Market Street Stamps has a Block Party and its really fun to play along. I recently purchased the Hippie Chic stamp set used from a stamping friend, so I decided I'd play with it for the party. Here's the card I created:


I paper pieced the dress form in woodgrain paper from Amuse and gingham Dark Chocolate paper from PTI. I colored the guitar with Copics, and stamped the sentiment right onto the PTI kraft ribbon. I tied the Twinery twine around the ribbon.

The Venetian patterned paper is also from Amuse.

My dad always tells the story of how when he met my mom, all he saw were her legs in her fringed skirt when she was carrying her guitar. This card reminds me of that story :)

Want to play along with this month's party, too? You could win a chance to be a guest designer for Market Street Stamps. Get all the details here.

4 comments:

  1. Jessica, I love how you stamped the sentiment right on the ribbon...fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story! Your card is just so adorable and that dress is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!!
    Love that sentiment right on the ribbon...
    makes it all very unique! ;)
    And your paper piecing is awesome...
    love the mix of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to make me miss this set, aren't you? I really love it in gingham, and that story just makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!