Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Cloud Wplus9 Blog Hop

I am thrilled to be a part of the very first ever Cloud Wplus9 Blog Hop! My friend Suzanne, is the mastermind behind this wonderful new challenge blog to support one of her (if not THE) favorite stamp companies, Wplus9. Now I don't own any of their sets (yet!) but Suzanne is so sweet that she let me borrow a couple of hers. I created this card:



Here is the inspiration photo for this month's blog hop:


Obviously the colors, the backdrop, and the grass skirt were what caught my eye (could you tell?? ;) I decided to make my own "grass skirt." I just scored some cream cardstock and cut up to the score line. I love the three colors of bakers twine tied together, I think they give the card that extra something.


The DSP is an old pack from SU, but I thought the colors and busy pattern were perfect to go along with the photo. The sentiments, hearts, clothespins, and string stamps are all from Wplus9.




My sister in law's grandfather just passed away the other night. I know this is not a traditional sympathy card, but I hope that it will make her smile and let her know that I'm thinking of her. Now are you ready to go check out this awesome new blog?! To add extra excitement...there's even a prize! Click here to see everyone's awesome creations.

9 comments:

  1. Love how you recreated the grass. So clever...and the colors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done, Jessica! I especially love the multi colored twine. This WPlus9 set is on its way to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card. I love your take on the challenge. Of course, you are so lucky you can borrow Suzanne's WPlus9 stamps--I'll bet between the two of you, you own every WPlus9 and Paper Smooches there are. I think your friend will really appreciate this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! Really captures the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess, this rocks! That paper is perfect for the challenge and I love the strung hearts and grass skirt! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great layout? Perfect interpretation of the picture. Beautiful colours. Love it all. So glad you played with us @ Cloud9:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun take on the pic!!
    Love the hearts on a string...
    and you nailed the "luau" feel perfectly...
    colors...
    skirt...
    everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your take on the inspiration photo, Jessica! Very bold and bright! So glad you could join us for the Cloud9 blog hop!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!