Thursday, July 19, 2012

Retro Sketches #20

We have no power at our house right now (which is very strange because we live in the Historic District right down the road from the center of town, so we've only ever lost it for like 5 min max and its always back on) except for one lamp.......my OTT lamp at my desk!!! And thank goodness for that, because I just finished this card and I want to link it up to Retro Sketches before it closes, heehehehe. So here is my card:


Here is the sketch I used:


It all started with this adorable Crate Paper patterned paper that I got at Absolutely Everything when my parents were visiting. Then I thought that my Vegestastic Stamps from PS would go well with it, and the peppers in 3 colors came to fruition!




The gingham paper is from PTI, and so is the cardstock. The embossing folder is a SU Sizzix folder.


I really like the Farmer's Market feel that this card has :) I wonder if I was inspired from our first visit to the local Farmer's Market this year? We are very lucky that it is right down the road on the Common, and we are within a 5 minute walk. We got eggplant, zucchini, potatoes, blueberries, and even ravioli! It is a great Farmer's Market. Now here's hoping the power comes back on soon, I don't think I'd sleep well without the AC :(

8 comments:

  1. I love all those peppers...adorable Jessica! And I hope the power is back on soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute ,colorful peppers.... I just cut up a ton of them for my chilli . As alwas this is a super cute fun card,love the papers. I hope you get the power on soon..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the peppers! What farmer's market do you go to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card. Those peppers make just the perfect trio, and the patterned paper you used is perfect for this card. And, I didn't realize you lived actually IN Boston. I just love Boston--one of my fave cities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those happy peppers! Your papers work so well, it even says peppers right under them! Great idea for a card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So FUN and bright! The background paper is very cool. So glad you played ReroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those little peppers are just too cute! And the paper is perfect! I was just at our Farmers Market too, remember my jam? YUM! First jar is already gone! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this!!
    The peppers are adorable and that patterned paper couldn't be more perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled that you have come to check out my cards :) I truly love getting comments, thank you so much for writing one to me!